Vision, Mission, and Core Values
Leeward Community College is a learning-centered institution committed to student achievement.
At Leeward Community College, we work together to nurture and inspire all students. We help them attain their goals through high-quality liberal arts and career and technical education. We foster students to become responsible global citizens locally, nationally, and internationally. We advance the educational goals of all students with a special commitment to Native Hawaiians.
- Community: We value cooperation, collaboration, social responsibility, and concern for others as crucial elements in building a sense of community inside and outside of the institution.
- Diversity and respect: We value individual differences and the contributions they bring to the learning process. We believe that our students are enriched through a diverse intellectual and social environment, where learning occurs through exposure to world cultures, and through interaction with peoples of diverse experiences, beliefs, and perspectives
- Integrity: We value personal and institutional integrity by fostering a culture of continuous improvement to open pathways to student success. We hold ourselves accountable for providing a high-quality academic experience.
- Open access: We value all students. We seek to meet their needs, as well as those of the community, by offering a diversity of courses, degree and certificate programs, and training opportunities, through traditional and distance education modes of delivery.
Kulanui O Hawai'i Ke Kulanui Kaiaulu O 'Ewa
ʻO ke Kulanui Kaiaulu o ʻEwa, he kula kia i ka hoʻonaʻauao a he kūpaʻa hoʻi i ka holomua a ka haumāna ma nā ʻano like ʻole.
Ka Ala Nu'ukia
Ma ke Kulanui Kaiaulu o ʻEwa, alu like mākou ma ka mālama a me ke kīpaipai i nā haumāna. Kōkua ʻia nā haumāna ma ka huli a loaʻa kā lākou mau pahuhopu ma o nā polokalamu hana noʻeau laulā a me nā polokalamu ʻoihana pākōlea like ʻole. Paipai ʻia nā haumāna i ka lilo i hoa makaʻāinana pono ma ke kaiāulu, ma ke aupuni, a ma ke kauʻāina. Kākoʻo ʻia nā pahuhopu hoʻonaʻauao a nā haumāna a pau me ke kūpaʻa nō hoʻi i nā ʻōiwi Hawaiʻi.
Nā Kahua Hana
- Kaiāulu: He mea nui loa ke alu a me ka hana like me ka mālama nō hoʻi i ke kanaka ma ke kūkulu kaiāulu i loko a i waho aʻe o ke kahua kulanui.
- Kākoʻo a Hōʻihi i nā kānaka like ʻole: He mea nui loa ke kākoʻo i nā kuanaʻike like ʻole a he waiwai nō ia ʻike i ke aʻo pono. Pōmaikaʻi nā haumāna i ke komo i ke kaiāulu o nā ʻike like ʻole, ʻo nā ʻike moʻomeheu like ʻole o ke ao nei nō hoʻi kekahi, a me ka launa pū me nā poʻe o nā moʻolelo like ʻole.
- Kūpono: He mea nui loa ka hana pono o neʻi nei a hōʻike ʻia ma o ka hoʻomōhala a hoʻoikaika mau i nā ala pono hele ʻia e ka haumāna. Hoʻohiki ʻia nō ka pōʻaiapili aʻo pono loa.
- Kūākea: He mea nui loa nā huamāna a pau. Hoʻokō ʻia nā mea e pono ai ka haumāna a me ke kaiāulu ma o ka hoʻomākaukau i ka papa, ke kekelē, a me ka papahana palapala ma ke aʻo ʻana i ke kahua kula a ma o nā ʻenehana like ʻole.