Veterans Resource Center
BS-103 455-0410, email@example.com, Hours: M-R from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Fridays by appointment only
The Veterans Resource Center (VRC) of Leeward CC is dedicated to helping veteran students transition from active duty services to civilian education. We aid in providing student support services, focusing on the special needs and requirements of today's military veteran, service member, dependents, and survivors. The VRC helps veterans stay connected to their academic goals.
The VRC offers the following services for military members, veterans and their families:
- Veterans Counselor provides academic, career, and financial aid counseling, education and training plans for the military spouse tuition assistance program (MYCAA) and active duty military tuition assistance (TA).
- Veterans Integration to Academic Leadership (VITAL) offers individual and group counseling on campus by a VA psychologist. Assistance in accessing VA healthcare is also provided.
- VetSuccess On Campus Counselor (VSOC) aims to help student Veterans and their qualified dependents succeed and thrive through a coordinated delivery of on-campus benefits assistance and counseling leading to completion of their education and preparing them to enter the labor market in viable careers. VSOC counselors provide: community and on-campus outreach, communication with student Veterans and their dependents, and educational and vocational counseling.
Other VRC Resources:
- Lending Library
- Student Lounge
- Computer/Laptop/Printer and CAC reader use
- VA Work Study opportunities and peer support
- Free VA Benefits Workshops throughout the semester