Associate in Arts (AA)
A general and pre-professional education degree, consisting of at least 60 baccalaureate-level semester credits, which provides students with skills and competencies essential for successful completion of a baccalaureate degree. The issuance of an AA degree requires that the student's work has been evaluated and stated outcomes have been met. The issuance of an AA degree requires that the student must earn cumulative 2.0 GPR or better for all courses used to meet the degree requirements. AA degrees may be offered in areas of study (e.g., Liberal Arts, Hawaiian Studies, Teaching).
- Application for Degree/Certificate: To be awarded a diploma from the College, the student must submit an “Application for Degree/Certificate.” It is recommended that students schedule a “Grad Check” appointment with a counselor. A non-refundable $15 fee is required for an Associate Degree or Certificate of Achievement. This fee will be assessed in the student's MyUH account, which can be paid online or at the Cashier's Office.
- IMPORTANT AA, AS, and AAS degrees and ASCs and CAs require a cumulative 2.0 GPR or better for all courses used to meet the degree or certificate requirements. Transfer coursework is not calculated into the GPR.
- To graduate with a degree from Leeward CC, a student must have earned a minimum of 12 credits of program courses in the degree/major at Leeward.
- To graduate with a certificate from Leeward CC, a student must have earned a minimum of twenty percent (20%) of program courses in the certificate/major from Leeward CC.
- Courses Completed at other Accredited College & Universities: Courses completed at other accredited colleges and universities with a grade of “D” or better may be transferable toward a Leeward CC degree. Some programs may require a grade of “C” or better. Upper division courses (numbered 300 or higher under the UH System’s course numbering system) may be applied to no more than 20% of the Leeward CC’s degree or certificate.