Certificate of Competence (CO)
A college credential for students who have successfully completed a sequence of career-technical education courses within a BOR-approved CTE program that has been identified as fulfilling an employable set of skills recognized by Business and Industry. The issuance of a this certificate requires that the student's work has been evaluated and stated outcomes have been met. The issuance of this certificate requires that the student’s work meets or exceeds competencies necessary for employment. Credit course sequences shall be at least four and less than 24 credit hours and may include General Education courses appropriate to industry requirements. In a credit course sequence the student must earn a cumulative 2.0 GPR or better for all courses required in the certificate.
- Application for Degree/Certificate: To be awarded a diploma from the College, the student must submit an “Application for Degree/Certificate.” It is recommended that students schedule a “Grad Check” appointment with a counselor. A non-refundable $15 fee is required for an Associate Degree or Certificate of Achievement. This fee will be assessed in the student's MyUH account, which can be paid online or at the Cashier's Office.
- IMPORTANT AA, AS, and AAS degrees and ASCs and CAs require a cumulative 2.0 GPR or better for all courses used to meet the degree or certificate requirements. Transfer coursework is not calculated into the GPR.
- To graduate with a degree from Leeward CC, a student must have earned a minimum of 12 credits of program courses in the degree/major at Leeward.
- To graduate with a certificate from Leeward CC, a student must have earned a minimum of twenty percent (20%) of program courses in the certificate/major from Leeward CC.
- Courses Completed at other Accredited College & Universities: Courses completed at other accredited colleges and universities with a grade of “D” or better may be transferable toward a Leeward CC degree. Some programs may require a grade of “C” or better. Upper division courses (numbered 300 or higher under the UH System’s course numbering system) may be applied to no more than 20% of the Leeward CC’s degree or certificate.