Steps for Admission and Enrollment
- A University of Hawai‘i (UH) System Application must be completed and submitted online at http://apply.hawaii.edu.
- A transcript of high school or college work may be required*. Applicable course work completed at any regionally accredited U.S. college or university may be credited toward a Leeward degree or certificate or used to meet prerequisites for courses to be taken at Leeward. Students must:
- Request that an official transcript be sent to the Admissions and Records Office (unofficial, hand-delivered, faxed, or issued to student transcripts will not be accepted, even in a sealed unopened envelope.);
- Request that the transcript(s) be evaluated by completing a Transcript Evaluation Request form available online at http://www.leeward.hawaii.edu/transcript-eval, then submit the completed form to the Admissions and Records Office. If Leeward does not have official transcripts, it is possible that the student will have to repeat work for which he or she has already earned credit and/or experience problems at registration.
- Applicants will be notified of their acceptance by email. Applicants should be sure that the college has both a valid email address and mailing address on file. It is an applicant's responsibility to notify Admissions and Records if there is any change in email or mailing address.
- All new students must activate their MyUH account (UH Username) by going to https://www.hawaii.edu/username/, selecting "Get a UH username", and answering the questions.
- New Student Orientation (NSO) Online
You must complete NSO Online to familiarize yourself with important campus information. The NSO Online link is in your acceptance email.
- Mandatory Incoming Student Advising
An academic advisor/Counselor will help you choose your classes and explore careers so that you are on track. You will receive the link to sign up for an Incoming Student Advising appointment once you complete NSO Online.
View the Online Associate in Arts (AA) Degree-specific onboarding requirements.
- Medical clearance documentation for Measles, Mumps, Rubella, (MMR) vaccines, Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis, (TDAP) vaccine, Chicken pox (Varicella) vaccines, and TB (tuberculosis) clearance must be sent to the Student Health Center prior to registration. These clearances must be completed before the counseling appointment if the student wants to register for classes during the appointment.
- All new students are required to take placement tests in reading, writing, and math to assist them in meeting course prerequisites.
Any and all documents received by the college are the property of the college and will not be released to a third party.
- The University of Hawai‘i utilizes MyUH, a web-based Student Information System, which allows students to view personal, registration, financial aid, grades, and course records information online. Each student has private access to their information.
- Early College admission and enrollment processes as well as deadlines differ from those for general admission and enrollment. Please see your high school counselor for specific requirements and deadlines.
Admissions and Records, AD 201
Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
*All Veterans and other eligible beneficiaries must provide transcripts of previous education and training for review by the College. Leeward Community College is required to review the transcripts of previous education and training for all VA students in order to certify their enrollment.