Plant Biology and Tropical Agriculture: Certificate of Achievement
The Certificate of Achievement (CA) in Plant Biology and Tropical Agriculture is designed to prepare students for a career in agriculture through hands-on practice and classroom instruction. It will provide students who are interested in agriculture with fundamental skills, knowledge, and experiences in tropical crop production.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the certificate, students will be able to:
- Use appropriate scientific and agricultural terminology to communicate in different settings and with different audiences.
- Identify and analyze the biotic and abiotic factors that affect agricultural production and manage these factors at the local, state, national, and global level.
- Apply principles and practices from plant and soil sciences, and tropical agriculture to improve production and profitability.
- Apply scientific methods and information technology to manage agronomic and agribusiness challenges and opportunities.
- Analyze the contemporary issues involving food, agriculture and the environment.
Certificate of Achievement (CA) Info at a Glance
Certificate of Achievement (CA)