Business: Academic Subject Certificate
The Certificate in Business is designed to provide a strong foundation in accounting, economics, mathematics, computer applications, and written and oral communication for students who plan to earn a bachelor’s degree in business administration.
Program Coordinator: Shelley Ota
Location: BE 207
Phone: (808) 455-0615
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the certificate, students will be able to:
- Perform fundamental accounting tasks and maintain basic accounting systems
- Access, analyze, and interpret information to make judgments and to solve basic business problems
- Demonstrate basic competencies in oral and written communication
- Demonstrate basic quantitative reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Analyze economic conditions that are internal and external to an organization
- Use basic computer applications skills to create documents and produce information to help solve business problems.
Academic Subject Certificate (ASC) Info at a Glance
Program: Liberal Arts
Academic Subject Certificate (ASC)
*For math courses: This certificate requires MATH 103 or higher. Students need to check receiving institution (to which they are transferring) for specific math requirement or see an academic adviser for appropriate math course.
- UH Mānoa CBA requires MATH 203 or MATH 241
- UH West O'ahu prefers completion of MATH 103 or see counselor for appropriate math.