Business: Academic Subject Certificate
The Certificate in Business is designed to provide a foundation in accounting, economics, mathematics, computer applications, and written and oral communication for students who plan to earn a bachelor’s degree in business administration.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the certificate, students will be able to:
- Perform fundamental accounting tasks and maintain basic accounting systems
- Access, analyze, and interpret information to make judgments and to solve basic business problems
- Demonstrate basic competencies in oral and written communication
- Demonstrate basic quantitative reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Analyze economic conditions that are internal and external to an organization
- Use basic computer applications skills to create documents and produce information to help solve business problems.
For math courses: This certificate requires BUS 250, MATH 103, MATH 115, or higher MATH. Students need to check receiving institution (to which they are transferring) for specific math requirement or see an academic adviser for appropriate math course.
- UH Mānoa transfers: BUS 250 meets the Shidler College of Business, UH Mānoa FQ General Education Core.
- UH West O'ahu transfers: MATH 103, MATH 115, or higher MATH articulate with UH West O'ahu as a General Education Foundations Symbolic Reasoning (FQ) course and will satisfy the lower division math requirement for the Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
Academic Subject Certificate (ASC) Info at a Glance
Program: Liberal Arts
Academic Subject Certificate (ASC)