Kīpuka, Native Hawaiian Center at Pu'uloa
Kīpuka, Native Hawaiian Center at Pu‘uloa (NHCP) was established by the College in 2009 to "inspire excellence, promote growth, and advance opportunities for all students with a special commitment to Native Hawaiians." NHCP has become a gathering place for students of all ancestries to grow in their knowledge of Hawaiian culture, language, history, and mālama ‘āina. We also feature on-site counseling services, group study areas, cultural speaker series, wireless laptop computers, cultural resource library, and financial aid resources. All students are welcome to use our facilities during our hours of operation.
Programs, courses, services, and events offered by the NHCP staff and its partners support the study of Hawaiian language, culture, and history in ways that honor, perpetuate, strengthen, and sustain their longevity into the future.
- Ke Ala ‘Ike Scholars Excellence Program
- Associate in Arts in Hawaiian Studies
- Academic Subject Certificate: Hawaiian Studies
- Academic Programs: Hawaiian Studies & Hawaiian Language
- Counseling & Guidance (Personal, Academic & Career)
- Laptop Computer Borrowing
- Financial Aid & Scholarship Assistance
- Distinguished Cultural Speaker Series
- Native Hawaiian S.T.E.M. Success
- Native Hawaiian Reference Library
- Career Resource Library
Momi Kamahele, Professor, Native Hawaiian Student Services Coordinator,
Melissa Tupa, Native Hawaiian Student Support Specialist, 455-0545, email@example.com