Integrated Industrial Technology: Certificate of Achievement
The Integrated Industrial Technology program at Leeward CC was developed in order to provide students on O‘ahu with a foundation in electronic, electrical, mechanical, and automated control systems to meet the workforce needs of an emerging industrial technology industry.
The IIT Program provides students with a theoretical and practical understanding of mechatronic systems as well as develops practical skills and systems integration. Graduates will be able to program, operate, maintain, calibrate, and repair the equipment that makes up these systems.
The degree prepares students for occupations that involve the integration of electronic, electrical, mechanical, and communications systems. Typical occupations may include: automated programmable electromechanical systems technician, robotics and manufacturing systems technician, and process control systems integration technician.
All required IIT courses must be passed with a grade of “C” or better in order to be applied to all degrees and certificates.
- Use appropriate safety, health, and personal protection procedures applicable to an industrial working environment.
- Utilize proper procedures for inspection, preventive maintenance, and corrective maintenance of integrated industrial systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theory, construction, installation and operation of hydraulic and pneumatic systems in an automated controls environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of mechanical drive systems, their function and the operation in an automated controls environment.
- Apply principles of process quality assurance to an automated control environment.
- Use CAD/CAM to create drawings of parts and assemblies to create prototypes using additive manufacturing.
*For the MATH 103 requirement, students must take College Algebra or higher in STEM track.
Certificate of Achievement (CA) Info at a Glance
Program: Integrated Industrial Technology
Certificate of Achievement (CA)
First Semester Requirements
MATH 103 OR MATH 135 (STEM)
Total Credits: 3
MATH 135 or Higher
Second Semester Requirements
Social Sciences (100 level or above) - CTE
Total Credits: 3
Students must complete 3 credits of a Social Sciences course (100 level or above) listed in the following link:
All required IIT courses must be passed with a grade of “C” or better in order to be applied to the degree.