Information & Computer Science (Network Support Specialist): Certificate of Competence
This certificate provides students with the essentials of computer security, the fundamentals of network design, and the advanced components of network design. This includes using encryption, activity monitoring, intrusion detection, security policies, security administration, basic switching and routing, wired and wireless networking, wide area networking, Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) and Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) routing, and route optimization.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the certificate, students will be able to:
- Identify the potential risks and mitigations of various threats to a computing environment.
- Identify and create security policies and procedures.
- Design a local area network using appropriate network devices including switches and routers.
- Administer a local area network consisting of a server, workstations, switches, and routers.
- Design a multi-area network with route optimization.
- Design an IPv4/IPv6 hybrid network.
Certificate of Competence (CO) Info at a Glance
Program: Information & Computer Science
Certificate of Competence (CO)
To earn the certificate, a minimum of a C grade in each of the courses is required.
This certificate will provide students with opportunities to make effective decisions with intellectual integrity to solve problems and/or achieve goals utilizing the skills of critical thinking, creative thinking, information literacy, and quantitative/symbolic reasoning, which are fundamental skills in the computer industry.