Health Information Technology: Certificate of Achievement
Students completing the Certificate of Achievement in Health Information Technology (HIT) will have the skills and knowledge necessary to assist in maintaining accurate and timely medical data in clinics, hospitals, and other healthcare organizations.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to do the following:
- Perform basic coding tasks and maintain accurate reimbursement systems including the preparation of patient access, registration, and patient accounting statements.
- Access, analyze, and interpret data to solve basic health information coding, patient accounting, and supervisory problems.
- Interact with customers, vendors, and co-workers to effectively support the work with high customer satisfaction.
- Organize, prioritize, and perform work tasks to meet deadlines and schedules.
- Apply health information, records management, and patient financial/patient accounting laws; and code basic cases with industry reimbursement procedures by patient insurance type.
Certificate of Achievement (CA) Info at a Glance
Program: Health Information Technology
Certificate of Achievement (CA)
In order to obtain a Health Information Technology (HIT) Associate in Science (AS), students must pass all required courses with a grade of C or better.
Information on program length, estimated cost of education, completion rates, student loan Indebtedness, and job placement: Certificate of Achievement, Health Information Technology