The University has designated the following information from a student's education record as "directory information":
- Name of student;
- Major field of study;
- Class (i.e., freshman, sophomore, etc.);
- Past and present participation in officially recognized activities (including positions held and official statistics related to such participation and performance);
- Past and present participation in officially recognized sports (including positions held and official statistics related to such participation and performance);
- Weight and height of members of athletic teams;
- Dates of attendance;
- Previous institution(s) attended;
- Full or part-time status;
- Degree(s) conferred (including dates);
- Honors and awards (including dean's list).
At its discretion and in conformance with applicable state law, the University may disclose directory information to the public without obtaining a student's prior consent, so long as certain conditions regarding general notification of disclosure of directory information have been followed. Specific directory information about an individual student will not be released to the public if the student has affirmatively informed the University that he or she does not want any or all of those types of information about himself or herself designated as directory information. The procedures for an individual student to "opt" out of disclosure is set forth in UH administrative policy A7.022
Note: Submission of this FERPA nondisclosure of directory information request does not automatically remove students from the UH Online Directory of email addresses, which is accessible only to those with a valid UH email address.
To remove yourself from the UH Online Directory:
- Login to MyUH
- Select the My Profile Tab
- Look for UH Online Directory, Options for Students, select Opt-out
Lists of directory information will not be made publicly available to third parties.
The school may provide the UH Foundation with lists of students with the following information: name, school/college/division/department. Degree, major and minor fields of study, UH email address, home address, and telephone number for the purpose of University and alumni relations.