Dining Room Supervision: Certificate of Competence
Requires two semesters to complete. The objective of the Certificate program is to give students basic skills in a specific entry-level job.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate professionalism in dress and grooming, attitude, and workplace behavior that reflects standards expected of food service industry professional.
- Demonstrate basic principles of sanitation and safety in a food service operation for safe food handling and to protect the health of the consumer.
- Apply mathematical functions related to food service operations.
- Demonstrate professional hospitality and service standards to ensure quality guest service.
- Examine various management topics as related to food service operations.
Certificate of Competence (CO) Info at a Glance
Program: Culinary Arts
Certificate of Competence (CO)
In order to obtain a Culinary certificate or degree, all Culinary classes must pass with a C or better.
Culinary Arts majors enroll in the program. Students completing the CO in the Dining Room Supervision are able to apply for and secure, front-of-the-house positions at hotels, restaurants, private clubs, etc., where a certificate is a required or highly desirable qualification for employment.
Information on program length, estimated cost of education, completion rates, student loan Indebtedness, and job placement: Certificate of Competence, Dining Room Supervision