Business Technology: Certificate of Achievement
The BTEC Certificate of Achievement builds on skills learned in the CO-BTEC and prepares students for jobs in administrative support positions in office settings in both private and public businesses and related industries. In order to obtain a Business Technology certificate or degree, students must pass all Business TecHnology (BUSN) courses with a grade of C or better.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate behaviors associated with a responsible member of a team to meet an organization’s objectives.
- Demonstrate professionalism in work quality, appearance, attitude, and workplace behavior as required in a diverse business environment.
- Use current and emerging technologies effectively to create and manage documents and handle multiple priorities.
- Communicate clearly and effectively through oral and written interactions, complying with standard office etiquette.
- Apply appropriate strategies to secure employment, retain a job, and advance in a career.
Certificate of Achievement (CA) Info at a Glance
Program: Business Technology
Certificate of Achievement (CA)
BUS 250 or BUSN 188 or MATH 103 or MATH 115 or higher
Total Credits: 3
Please see an Academic Advisor for help in choosing BUSN 188, BUS 250, MATH 103, MATH 115, or a math course numbered higher than 115.
Choose ONE of the following options.
*Students may choose a math course numbered higher than 115 that is not listed below to satisfy the requirement.
** MATH 103 and MATH 115 articulate with UH West O'ahu as a General Education Foundations Quantitative Reasoning (FQ) course and will satisfy the lower division math requirement for the Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, Accounting degree.
***BUS 250 meets the UH Manoa FQ General Education Core.
Business Technology Approved Electives
Total Credits: 3
Choose one of the following or any Leeward CC Business Division elective (from ACC, BUS, BUSN, BLAW, ECOM, ENT, FIN, HIT, HOST, MKT, MGT).
*ACC 201 highly recommended for students transferring to a 4-year institution/bachelor's degree program.