Associate in Applied Science Degree
60 to 67 credits depending upon the field of study
- Minimum cumulative grade-point average: 2.0 GPA or better for all courses used to meet the degree requirements. Transfer coursework is not calculated into the GPA.
- Minimum Program requirements:
- Courses required by major program.
- General education or liberal arts courses required by the college or program. Specific requirements are listed in each program section.
- Electives as needed to meet the total credit hours requirement.
- Proficiency in written and/or oral communication and/or mathematics usually met by successful completion of courses identified by the program.
- A minimum of 12 credit hours in the major subject area (such as Automotive) must be earned at Leeward CC. The residency requirement may be waived for cause at the option of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs or appropriate Academic Dean. The Vice Chancellor or Dean may also (at their discretion) approve use of credit-by-examination to meet residency requirements.
Exceptions to the residency requirement may be approved for cause by the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs or appropriate Academic Dean. The Vice Chancellor or Dean may also approve use of credit-by-examination to meet residency requirements for the Certificate of Achievement.